Choosing a Lender
- Always choose a lender that will be with you from the first step until closing. His or her guidance and service is crucial in the success of your purchase.
- Ask lots of questions in order to find out exactly what can be tailored to your specific needs and expectations.
- Always review the available options.
- Discuss the long term responsibilities you have with the lender. Find out what your options may be in the future.
- Take the time to learn and understand the process. Keep your Elfant Wissahickon Agent in direct communication with your lender.
Here are some resources for qualified Lenders in this area:
Princeton Mortgage Corporation
Loan Depot, LLC
Choosing a Title Company
Elfant Wissahickon Realtors in affiliation with Northwest Abstract and Class Abstract, can provide all your title insurance requirements. Your Agent will go over the details and the schedule for this step in the home buying process.
What is Title, a Title search And Title Insurace?
Legally valid ownership of real or personal property, and the documentary evidence of that ownership, such as a deed, certificate of title, or bill of sale.
A search of public records to attempt to find any defects in a chain of title to real property; usually conducted by a title company or professional title abstractor, and resulting in issuance of an abstract of title, certificate of title, preliminary title report, or title insurance policy.
Insurance against losses resulting from the passage of legally invalid title, issued by a title insurance company after a title search by that company has established that legally valid title exists in the seller, who then is able to pass that title to the insured. One kind of policy covers owners, and can carry extended coverage against non-standard defective losses; another covers lenders to the extent of their loan losses resulting from legally invalid title, with the amount of coverage diminishing as loan principal is amortized. Most title insurance policies are similar, and are issued by companies belonging to the American Land Title Association (ALTA).